Helpful Book Lists & Summer Reading Tips from our PBES Librarian, Mrs. Hoskey:
American Library Association:
All of the lists on this site can be downloaded for free:
- Bookopolis Summer Reading for upper elementary students:
View the list on the web or download the Summer Reading Guide to take with you to the library or bookstore!
Summer Reading Program at Your Public Library--2018 theme is Libraries Rock!
- Public libraries offer programming, events, and/or prizes for participants
- Encourage students and parents to sign up
- Sign up at www.pgcmls.info/summeratyourlibrary (link to sign up is right under the video)
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program
- Read any 8 books this summer and record them in a journal provided by B &N
- Can download journal in English or Spanish
- Bring completed journal to a B & N store by September 3rd
- Select a free book; list of options is on back of journal
Leaders Are Readers!
March 1, 2018
Read Across America
PBES Students were among the more than 400 young readers from PGCPS who celebrated #ReadAcrossAmerica at the National Education Association. This year's theme is "Celebrating a Nation of Diverse Readers." Our students had a wonderful day and were excited to see and meet an AMAZING group of authors! #PBESstudentsareAWESOME #LeadersAreREADERS #BusyBeesRead